Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Secret Recipe-Chocolate Indulgence


Crazy bout chocolate cake??? Well you must try out this, the Chocolate Indulgence cake from very well known cake house, secret recipe. The tenderness in every single bite you eat will make you feel you're having the best cake ever. After my first visit to Secret Recipe in the year 2002, I am skeptical with my 2nd visit. You may say I am bias or picky but frankly speaking, my sugar threshold is not very high. The cakes from Secret Recipe is pretty sweet and rich and thus a slice is just too much for my tummy.

However, I have to be impressed after today's visit. Why? 3 things...
  1. They are able to customize birthday messages on the spot, no chocolate tags, right on the cake.
  2. They have tall cakes with at least 3 to 4 layers of cakes, often you get only 2 layers or so.
  3. For RM70.00, you get a decent looking cake.
Next thing before I forget, for Merdeka, they have a promotion. There you go...
I and my boyfriend bought a whole chocolate indulgence slice which was originally priced at RM56.00 but with the discount, it costs only RM38.00. However, mathematically this doesn't sound correct.

Well, in short, the chocolate indulgence cake is aka...
"Filled with grated chocolates, walnuts and creme, topped with thick chocolate."
I thought it was not bad but definitely not something I will crave for. I prefer rich, velvety smooth mousse. Though this is not sweet but it is just good enough for a few bites, to finish the entire slice, it is just too much...

No comments: